The full form of PSC is Public Service Commission. Let us tell you that PSC is a central administration by which the examination is conducted for the recruitment of various posts The Public Service Commission was established under Articles 315 to 323 of the Constitution of India.
Many people are confused between UPSC and PSC. so let us tell you that UPSC is known as the Union Public Service Commission which conducts the examination for the recruitment of various posts in the Indian services at the national level and higher central services. It is through this that the IAS exam is conducted every year.
Whereas, PSC is called the State Public Service Commission which is state level Recruitment body that conducts the Examiantionfor Various Officer’s Posts.
conducts the examination for state-level recruitment. It conducts examinations for the recruitment of officers in the state and provides suggestions and advice to the Governor on disciplinary matters. The Govern nominates the members of the Public Service Commission.
The structure of the State Public Service Commission and the Union Public Service Commission is the same. But the scope of UPSC is much wider than that of state PSC. UPSC has the right to conduct the examination on the whole whereas the authority of PSC is only to the state. You must have come to know about the full form of PSC. If you want other information about PSC then definitely read this article completely, here we will tell you detail about Public Service Commission.
Functions of PSC
- Every state PSC conducts local audits of government agencies and boards on promotions, transfers, and disciplinary proceedings, apart from conducting examinations.
- Apart from all this, they also work to identify the possibilities of reforms of the government and to inform the policy changes to the government.
- Public Service Commissions also act to advise the government on its strategies, policies, and practices of the government.
- It also serves to develop and advise the government on service delivery.
- It also advises the state government in matters relating to the discipline of government employees.
What is PSC Exam
the PSC exam is organized by every state for the recruitment of officers. Explain that this exam is divided into 3 stages of the selection process, which include a preliminary exam, the main exam, and an interview. Candidates who want their selection in PSC in any state, then have to clear both the preliminary exam and main exam, after which they are called for the interview round. This exam generally consists of objective-type questions in the Preliminary exam and descriptive main exam. But the syllabus of the exam varies from state to state. Let us tell you that the competition for the PSC exam is very high. Lakhs of candidates also apply for the recruitment coming out for 100-200 posts. But to get the post it is necessary to clear all the stages of the selection process.
Which post is available after passing the PSC exam
Any candidate who successfully clears all the three stages of the selection process of PSC, after that gets a job in various posts in the state administrative services. By the way, the PSC exam is conducted for different posts in every state. After clearing the All Stages of the PSC Selection Process, one can get the following Posts.
- CDPO (Child Development Project Officer)
- DSP (Deputy Superintendent of Police)
- SDO (Sub-Divisional Officer)
- Chief Development Officer
- Commercial tax officer
- District Development Officer
- Village Development Officer