CISF’s full form is Central Industrial Security Force. CISF is the Indian Central Armed Police Force, which works under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. You may be surprised to know that it is the largest industrial security force in the world. CISF was established in 1969 under an Act of the Parliament of India, whose main job is to provide security to the industrial units. The Central Industrial Security Force is located in New Delhi.
Simply put, CISF is such a police organization that has been created for security for industrial units. The Central Industrial Security Force provides security to more than 300 industrial units. Be it any kind of theft or scam or any calamity it protects the industrial units from all kinds of dangers. All CISF officers are trained and highly skilled Important Points About CISF
The main work of CISF is to provide security to industrial units like nuclear power plants, currency note pressing, power plants with security, power plants, oil fields, and refineries.
- The officers of CISF are more trained and skilled than the police.
- CISF is divided into seven sectors.
- CISF was established on 10 March 1969.
- On 25 February 2009, CISF was authorized to protect the private company.
- CISF has 12 reserve battalions, 8 training institutes, and 63 formations.
- CISF is the only armed force having its own dedicated fire wing.
- It also provides advisory facilities to some major government and private agencies.
What are the main branches and major areas of CISF?
There are mainly three branches of the Central Industrial Security Force of India. There are the executive branch, fire service division, and ministerial branch. After this, the organization is divided into six sectors. Each sector is headed by a Sector Inspector General.
Branch of CISF
- Executive Branch
- Fire Service Division
- Ministerial branch
CISF: important Sectors
- Northern Sector Delhi (New Delhi)
- Southern Sector (Chennai)
- Western Sector(Mumbai)
- Eastern Sector (Patna)
- North Eastern Sector (Kolkata)
As we have told you that CISF i.e. Central Industrial Security Force is a police force whose job is to protect various industries and government sectors of India. It is also consulted by the Central Industrial Security Force in decisions taken to maintain India’s security.